For me, art is a way of releasing and getting away from all the other noise. The noise being the rest of my life’s problems or sometimes just my life. What I put into my work is, I like to think of it as energy, feelings, and emotion exploding on to the paper. What it is that I want from this work is more feelings. This I can only get from the viewers. To me, it does not matter if the viewer of my work loves it or hates it. What matters to me is that they do one or the other. To simply dismiss it or not be touched by it in some way, to me, is the failure.
The medium that I work in is printmaking. The style that I work in is not really easy for me to define because I work in many different styles. If I had to narrow down a style for my work, I would have to say realism. There are other styles and sources that I feed on in my work as well. The technique or methods that I use when it goes to printmaking are intaglio, relief, lithography, and monotype. These techniques allow many ways to develop the ideas and feelings that go into my work.
Love can be as sweet as the scent of a rose, or as painful as a sting from its thorns.
2. Learn & Grow, 2001, 16.5" x 12", intaglio
Click image for larger version.
1. Just Fly, 2001, 20" x 16", intaglio
3. Stories by Song (1st in series), 2000, 10.5" x 30.5", intaglio
4. Stories by Song (2nd in series), 2001, 10.5" x 30.5", intaglio
5. Stories by Song (3rd in series), 2001, 10.5" x 30.5", intaglio
6. Stories by Song (4th in series), 2001, 11.5" x 27", intaglio
7. True Love (1st in series), 2001, 14" x 16", litho
8. True Love (2nd in series), 2001, 14" x 16", litho
9. True Love (3rd in series), 2001, 16" x 14", litho
10. True Love (4th in series), 2001, 16" x 14", litho
11. Contained & Loss/Bottle, 2002, 21" x 11", litho
12. Contained & Loss/Gun, 2002, 17" x 21", litho
13. Contained & Loss/Cross, 2002, 22" x 17", litho
Top of Page
Senior Art Exhibition 2002 Home Page|
Jeannine Bolio-Halliday | Corey Liberty | William Barnaby | Kathleen O'Connell | Patrick Myers | Janelle Tavormina | Jamie Bowman | William Endres, Jr. | Dean DeLano | Timothy Russman | Heidi Von Hoffman | Beth Fezette | David Barry | Benjamin Lock | Lee Nesbitt | Monique Monette | Justin Rabideau | John Wayne Johnston
|Home | Galleries | Exhibitions | Rockwell Kent | Map | Office|