Clubs and Organization Affairs Board
The Student Association's Clubs and Organizations Affairs Board (COAB) is a student-run board that promotes club and organization growth.
COAB does the following:
- Coordinates club & organization Officer Training each semester.
- Hosts the Involvement Fair in the fall and spring semester. Assists in the annual recognition process for SA sponsored and recognized groups.
- Coordinates the clubs and organizations Awards Ceremony.
- Oversees the new club/organization recognition process.
- Assists clubs and organizations in interpreting SA and college policies/procedures.
- Mediates disputes/conflicts involving SA recognized or sponsored organizations.
- Develops initiatives to create better relationships between clubs and organizations, the Student Association and the College, including the administration of Collaboration Grants of up to $300.
- Coordinates three Leadership Toolkit Workshops per semester. These educational programs give clubs and organizations the tools needed to be successful leaders. Past topics have included motivating your members, running effective meetings, building a team, and effective public relations through social networking.
COAB is chaired by the Student Association Vice President for Clubs and Organizations and consists of up to nine voting student members. To get involved with COAB, contact the VICE PRESIDENT FOR CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS
Interested in starting a new club? Stop by the Student Association Office to pick up a New Club Packet or download the pdf below.